Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to the common questions I received from prospective clients.
- How do I know your work will help my business grow?Unfortunately, no designer or developer can ever guarantee results. For example, a failed marketing campaign could ruin a perfectly good website. However, my goal-oriented process has proven to meet real business needs for my clients time and time again. Would you rather work with someone focused on selling time and pixels or someone focused on helping your business flourish? If together we cannot find a way for your business to see a return on investment, I will recommend that we do not work together on your project.
- How much does a website/app cost?The answer can vary greatly from project to project. Some factors include time, number of features, type of features, mobile-friendliness, etc. To give you an accurate estimate, I'll need to know more information about your specific project and the value it will add to your business.
- How long does a website/app take to build?It really depends on the scope of work to be done. I've designed and built entire websites from scratch in as little as 2 weeks while others can take 3-5 months. I will work with you to determine the scope of your project and estimate how long it will take to complete.
- How do you handle payments?I prefer to collect 100% payment upfront to schedule the project into my calendar and ensure the time is completely reserved for your project. My time is best spent solving problems and helping your business, not tracking down payments. However, if you aren't comfortable with that, I can break payments up into multiple installments, as long as payments are made prior to starting the next part of the project. I also tie payments to dates in the calendar, not deliverables. This helps keep everyone on schedule and continually reserves time in my calendar prior to starting work.
- Why not use a pre-made theme or template?Pre-made themes and templates are a great way to keep costs down, but it's important to remember that generic pre-made theme or template can't always solve problems that are specific to your business. In order to truly acquire more users, increase sales, or drive more leads, you'll need a custom strategy, marketing, design, or development solution. That's what I specialize in.
- Are you willing to travel to meet your clients?Yes. When possible and applicable, I travel to meet my clients in person. This is especially helpful with larger projects where face-to-face communication would improve the strategy and overall results. Depending on our specific arrangement, travel costs may be built into the project budget.
- Do you know how to code?Yes! I'm actually quite fluent in HTML, CSS, JS, and Wordpress. I'm able to bring my designs to life through code and work closely with development teams to ensure the interface is implemented correctly. I can play as little or as big a role in the development process as needed to help you reach your goals.