As a freelancer working remotely, I treat every email as a reflection of myself and how I will treat the client’s project.
So I’d spend hours writing well-constructed, detailed, concise emails to my clients. While they appreciated this, it was incredibly time-consuming and cause unnecessary cognitive overload.
After a while, it was no longer sustainable to spend so much of my time writing emails, but they were more necessary than ever. I knew there had to be a solution.
That’s when I discovered the power of email templates. The Yesware extension for Google Chrome adds a special button to your Gmail Composer that allows you to create email templates like the ones you’ll find in this download. I’ve even included a demo video to show you exactly how I use it.
Note: You do not need Yesware to use email templates. You can store them anywhere and paste them into any email composer as needed.
- Long-Term / Full-Time Recruiters – Use this template when responding to someone who wants you to consider a long-term, full-time, or on-site position.
- Has Immediate Freelance Needs – Use this template when a client needs to start a project immediately, especially when your schedule is already full.
- Redirect to Inquiry Form – Use this template to redirect people who did not fill out a project inquiry form to an online questionnaire.
- Project Inquiry Follow-Up – Use this template after a client has filled out a project inquiry form.
- No Response Follow-Up – Use this template to follow up with an unresponsive client after they have expressed interest in working with you.
- Proposal Delivery – Use this template the first time you send a proposal to a client.
- Change in Availability – Use this template after a proposal has been delivered, but written confirmation or a down payment has not been received.
- Proposal Extension Reminder – Use this template to politely remind your client that they need to respond to your proposal in the specified timeframe.
- Progress Report – Use this template to update your client on the progress you’ve made during a specified timeframe.
- Thank You (for a Successful Project) – Use this template to send a thank you email to your client after the project has been completed successfully