The book includes 10 worksheets with 70+ questions and 7 key takeaways to help you put this advice into action. It’s packed with professional insight and practical advice. Since this is a digital book, you’ll also gain free access to every new version of the book for free, forever.
- Chapter 1: Is Freelancing Right for You?
- Chapter 2: How to Make Freelancing Your Primary Income
- Chapter 3: Identifying and Attracting Your Ideal Clients
- Chapter 4: Properly Setting Your Rate
- Chapter 5: Writing a Winning Proposal
- Chapter 6: Managing Projects, Clients, and Expectations
- Chapter 7: Collecting Payments, Testimonials, and Referrals
Why did I write this book?
In 2015, I quit my job to freelance full-time instead. Every year since I’ve earned well over six-figures from freelance income alone while working with some of the biggest clients in the world including Facebook, Marriott International, Bloomberg, and American Express (with no previous affiliation).
My website brings over 200 leads each year and I don’t spend a dime in marketing.
But… how did that happen?
How did I go from $3,500 of freelance income to six-figures in just two years?
I had a plan to become a full-time freelancer, and it worked. Really well.
When I quit my job, the transition was smooth. I wasn’t scared of where my next paycheck would come from because clients were coming to me on a regular basis. I had multiple projects secured in my calendar that would provide at least 6 months of consistent, reliable income.
I stopped charging hourly and invested in helpful freelancing resources such as books and courses that helped me learn fast and avoid critical mistakes. I only quit my job once I was confident I wouldn’t have to backpedal into the 9-5 world.
I started treating myself like a business and turned down projects and clients that weren’t a good fit. I raised my rates and began asking for upfront payment.
I did all of this and so much more. The changes I made completely transformed my career and my life for the better.
So, I wrote this book to teach you how to apply my game plan to your own career.
The advice in my book has since helped freelancers all over the world create a better life for themselves. The advice in this book will help you:
- Get more clients
- Raise your rates (by a lot!)
- Learn how to sell based on value (not hours, pages, features, etc)
- Stop charging hourly (use weekly rates, fixed-price, or retainers)
- Transition away from 9-5 job (smoothly, without fear of failure)
- Write winning proposals and use contracts
- Establish consistent, reliable income (no roller-coasters)
- Never risk late payments (or non-payments!)
- Communicate more effectively with your clients
- Get better feedback and minimize revisions
- Avoid working with difficult clients
This will all lead to better work from better clients, which will lead to more money in your bank account each year.
This book is perfect if you’re just starting out and need your biggest freelancing questions answered.
Don’t make the mistake of deriving an hourly rate from your current salary and leaping away from the safety and stability of traditional employment.
Master the basics of freelancing and create a better life for yourself
Right now, you might be itching to quit your stale 9-5 job in favor of the freedom freelancing offers. Maybe you already have and desperately need more clients. If you’re anything like me, you might just want a little extra income and a change of pace.
Freelancing seems to offer an escape from the shackles of traditional employment, but it can cause overwhelming stress unless you know how to get more clients, properly set your rates, and stabilize your income.
Have you ever asked yourself…
- What if I don’t get enough clients?
- Can I live on unreliable and inconsistent income?
- How do I write proposals and send professional emails?
- How do I know what to charge?
- What if I don’t get paid?
These are all legitimate fears and it can be challenging to push yourself to overcome them. Kickstart Your Freelancing Career answers your biggest freelancing questions and gives you the confidence you need to become a successful freelancer.