Do you ever wish you could pick someone’s brain for a few minutes instead of desperately typing your questions into Google?
“That person seems to have it figured out… if only I could ask how they did it!”
If you’re making a tricky career transition, struggling to start your own freelancing business, or adjusting to the work-from-home lifestyle, you probably have specific questions that you’ll never find answers to on a blog.
When you’re a freelancer, you lose access to co-workers, networking events, and many social acquaintances. That’s when your keyboard becomes your best friend:
👉 Maybe you want to transition from television production to UX design or just want someone to tell you how to improve your portfolio website.
👉 Maybe you’re wondering if you’re underpricing your services or how to find your first paying freelance clients when you have no experience.
👉 Maybe you’re feeling uninspired right now and can’t figure out how other designers stay motivated and productive when working from home every day.
Your questions are unique! Blogs don’t understand that 😔.
Wouldn’t it be helpful to have a conversation with someone who understands your struggle?
What if you didn’t have to waste time reading generalized advice as you battle popup windows and sign up forms?
🚀 That’s why I created the Kickstart Your Freelancing Slack Community – a place where you can have meaningful conversations with other smart people laser-focused on achieving the same goals you are.
- Wake up every day and have coffee with other freelancers who are completely focused on growing their business (and yours).
- When you run into a business roadblock, someone can give you reliable feedback or advice in minutes.
- Tap into a steady stream of partnership opportunities, job leads, and referrals whenever you need more work.
- Accelerate the growth of your business by connecting with experienced professionals.
- Share experiences, make connections, and help each other become more successful.
Think about what that would mean for you and your business. 💸💸💸
- Direct access to me (Matt) via direct messaging
- 24/7 access to 15+ channels where you can learn from myself and others
- Access to an introductions channel where you can casually meet other members
- Access to a referral channel where you can get leads to real projects
- Access to a collaboration channel to where you can work with other freelancers
- Access to a resources channel of goldmine content I’ve discovered over the years
- Download exclusive files and uploads not available anywhere else
- Learn faster than reading any blog or newsletter
- Navigate tricky career transitions with confidence.
- Stay motivated when working from home gets lonely
Unlock access to 15+ topical channels
Organizing channels by topic will help keep the focus on answering important freelancing questions rather than sharing cat gifs.
- #Anything (General)
Registration & Membership
Slack community access is permanently priced at $10/mo. Registration will re-open to the public soon. Get on the wait list so you don’t miss out!
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m not an expert… is this still for me?
Absolutely. In fact, you are the reason why this community exists. You have no obligation to answer questions, but remember that you’ve had experiences that someone else hasn’t. That makes you valuable even if you’re just starting out or feel like your floundering right now. You are awesome, you are welcomed, and you are encouraged to be bold and share your thoughts!
How long will it take you to answer my questions?
I’ll do my best to respond to direct messages within 24 hours. I’ve limited access to the community for this exact reason. However, I encourage you to ask your questions in a channel so anyone can respond with feedback and guidance.
Can I send you a private message, not in a thread?
Absolutely! Some questions (especially financial ones) are more personal. You might not want the whole community to know if you’re struggling with payments or invoices. But Slack is amazing because you can also send direct messages anyone else in the entire community. You can even do screen-shares and video calls!
I only have one specific question. Do I really need to subscribe?
Nope! In fact, if you’re joining just to DM me, you’re probably joining for the wrong reason. I want you to join so you can tap into a network of motivated freelancers and make meaningful connections with other smart people. There’s no way I’m smarter than everyone combined 🙂 Plus, you might even get job leads!
Can’t I just email you for free?
Yes, but if you only want answers from me, this community probably isn’t for you. Believe it or not, I’m not going to be the most valuable person in the group. I’m an expert at design and freelancing in the U.S., but not what it’s like to be a web developer overseas. From a global perspective, my experience is limited so there’s tremendous value in asking questions in these Slack channels.
Do you have community guidelines?
Yes. Be professional and respect others. I’ll share more details in your welcome kit.
What if I subscribe and I’m not happy with it?
You can cancel your subscription at any time. Just send me a message in Slack and I’d be happy to cancel your subscription. No questions asked.